BREAD & MIT Conference on Development Economics
12-13 May 2023, MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD) is pleased to announce the forty-sixth Conference on Development Economics. The conference is hosted by MIT Sloan, the MIT Department of Economics, and the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL), and will take place on Friday, May 12th and Saturday, May 13th with the following sessions:
• Friday, 12 May (morning): 20-minute presentations of research at an early stage, reserved for non-tenured researchers
• Friday, 12 May (afternoon) + Saturday, 13 May (morning): full-length 50-60 minute presentations on research at an advanced stage
We invite submissions from interested researchers on any topic within the area of development economics. Everyone is invited to attend all sessions of the conference and non-tenured researchers are encouraged to submit to either session. All papers presented at the conference will be selected through this open submissions process.
Please submit your paper before the deadline on Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.
Please upload the final paper to Conference Maker at this link:
Program Committee Members are:
• Abhijit Banerjee, Chair (MIT, J-PAL)
• David Atkin (MIT, J-PAL)
• Dave Donaldson (MIT)
• Namrata Kala (MIT Sloan)
• Karen Macours (Paris School of Economics, J-PAL)
• Benjamin A. Olken (MIT, J-PAL)
• Frank Schilibach (MIT)
• Tavneet Suri (MIT Sloan, J-PAL)
• Guo Xu (UC Berkeley)
The final program will be announced no later than Friday, March 31, 2023.
If you have any questions, please email Mary Pietrusko, email@example.com.